Saturday, March 25, 2006

hamburger meditations

I've been thinking a lot about hamburgers lately, I guess because it's been so long since I actually last ate a really good hambuger. I often feel that when you've had as many hamburgers as I have, and when you spend as much time thinking about them as I do, the process of actually finding one that will really blow you away is pretty difficult. I often think sadly back to the hamburgers of my childhood, and how every one was a delicious surprise that was just waiting to happen, but a surprise of meat and garnish, all the colours of the rainbow. But the last one I had tasted odd, as though the garnish was good and the meat was good, but together they didn't work at all, like a broken watch. It was a disappointing day all round, and my mind wandered with fantasy.

No comments: