Tuesday, February 04, 2020

" hey, grondelski " __ 012 __ long john dimmock's canto



\ Long John Dimmock’s Canto \


/ Schematics of Deconstruction /


Permit me my sirs
if you will to permit
permit me my utterances
my confession of a type
for what might any intercourse amount to
but confession of a type
permit my confession that the urge to slay
is almost overwhelming
I see the pretty girls pass
and imagine the incisions
about their abdomen
the breasts removed and stored
the reproductive organs removed and stored
grafts of milky skin removed and stored
each like the spoils of high-end gastronomy
their bodies are to me like the schematics
at the heart of their own deconstruction
flat-pack assembly instructions
followed in reverse order;
they are quite bold
the young, the pretty
almost brazen
comfortable in their own company
content to walk alone
in the dark streets and alleys
off buses
on walkways
by evening and night
where no such young or pretty girl
would hitherto have been comfortable
they feel invincible in their way
or at least invisible
entitled to an existence the same as or similar to our own
as well they should
for they are as entitled to life
as I am to bringing about its closure
as the whelm of the
urges dictates.

No comments: