Thursday, December 05, 2019

__\::_screaming_for_mikey_:://["november"]


I took a bag of MDMA to the
Blackheath fireworks
and collapsed insensate
teeth chattering, my friends
propped me against a wall
and enjoyed the spectacle
of gunpowder like killers
I dribbled vomit into
my lap, my jeans
into a half-drunk water bottle
I saw someone drink from after
horrified and incandescent
with blame –
you fucking universe,
you low rent galaxy –
they managed to get me to
the pub for a pint of craft
stout, dark as tar,
before there’d been such a thing
like the time the landlord came
over and I’d taken a bag of
MDMA and I was laying in
the garden in underwear
and collapsed insensate
teeth chattering, my great
white back smothered in
mosquito bites and I could
not form a sentence
and listened as though from
very far away to my
friend tell him I was ill
and that we’d withheld rents
to ensure we retained our
deposits
and the landlord said
“know your limits”
it may have been a threat
or else directed at me
my intake
but I did
did know them
and disregarded them also
what good are our limits
other than as the waymarkers
to oblivion.

No comments: